Many of our water repellent products are available in concentrate form as well as ready-to-use. This is because there are many advantages to choosing a concentrate water repellent instead of a ready-to-use formula. Here is a list of pros & cons for each formula:
- Light-weight & easy to handle
- Less waste from packaging
- Less expensive freight costs
- Can be partially used and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 years
- Takes up less space on a freight truck (meaning less trucks on the road!)
- You have the ability to put twice the amount of concentrate for more solids*
- No mixing needed
- Can be partially used and stored in an airtight container up to 2 years
- You have to dilute with water and mix it yourself
- Heavy and bulky packaging
- Cost of freight for ready-to-use is very high
- Takes up a lot of space on freight trucks and storage
Here is a look at the size difference between a concentrate that makes 5 gallons (left) and 5 gallons of ready-to-use (right) for Wood Sealer:
Imagine lugging that huge bucket around your home trying to get it to your deck, fence, etc. The compact size of a concentrate allows you to easily carry the container and an empty bucket or sprayer to your work area before adding water. Not to mention the price difference of $99.98 for the 5 Gallon Concentrate versus $169.96 for the 5 Gallon Ready-to-Use.
Here is a look at the size difference between a concentrate that makes 2 gallons (left) and 1 gallon of ready-to-use (right) for Wood Sealer:
At first glance it may not seem like there is much of a difference, however the price of 1 Gallon of Ready-to-Use Wood Sealer and the 32oz quart that Makes 2 Gallons are priced the same at $40.00 each. So when you purchase the Concentrate, you are basically getting one gallon for FREE!
-REMEMBER- Concentrates have FREE 2-day** shipping until August 31,2016!
**2 Business Days