How to Prep a Chalky Wall so New Paint will Adhere Properly
Ever try to re-paint over a chalky wall and get this powdery chakly mess on your hands or clothes?
If so, before painting you’ll need to apply a primer specifically designed to neutralize the cause of the problem. The cause is typically due to moisture and over time will result in efflorescence and/or mold, and can be a health risk. Rainguard offers the solution in the form of specially formulated Chalky Wall Sealer, available here at Rainguard.com
CHALKY WALL SEALER is a high-performance clear acrylic primer and penetrating sealer for application on painted and unpainted surfaces.
It is a restorer that provides a tough, durable finish on wood and masonry surfaces. Apply to chalky surfaces to aid in adhesion for latex top coats.
It penetrates and bonds residual chalk to prepare for repainting.
- Flexible and breathable
- Helps prevent efflorescence
- Protects wood from swelling, shrinking, or grain raising
- Seals and binds chalked surfaces; improves adhesion of topcoat materials
- May be used on previously painted and properly prepared surfaces
- May be applied to concrete or stucco as a curing agent to promote hardening
- UV protectant
- Architectural / CSI Reference: Division 3, 4, 7 & 9
- 5 year material and labor warranty